Are you going through a challenging life event that’s got you tied in knots? Do you find yourself saying and doing things that aren’t you? Does it feel like you are being overtaken by your own worse responses to the situation? Maybe you have reached a point of crisis in your marriage or a crisis of confidence in yourself and your family life is suffering.
Here’s what important to know. Healing starts with you – period! Not only are you important, your health and well being is the foundation for marriage, your family, and your career.
All of us must chart our own course, but we don’t need to do it in isolation. Let me suggest finding a genuine, sensitive and thoughtful therapist can be part of the answer.
“Let your problems be your path” can be a beautiful reminder that out of the darkness comes the opportunity to understand more about yourself, and way to have a deeper and more fulfilling life.
You already know, it’s not all flowers and happy talk when you go to therapy. When you see me, you will have the safety and understanding to talk about what usually can’t be talked about. You will get relief right away from the isolation that one can feel. While inner turmoil and agitation might predominate your mind, there is a part of you that knows the way out. I will want to hear about what’s really happening to you, where your mind and emotions are going and how you might be getting caught in cycles of thinking.
My practice is designed for those who need sensitive and confidential treatment and for those who know they need a deeper level of conversation. I use the latest and the most effective researched methods of therapy including mindfulness based cognitive therapy, EMDR, strength based family systems and emotionally focused therapy to dislodge what isn’t skillful and set the stage to respond in a healthy way.
I will tell you, working with me will not be a quick fix. I won’t be saying things like “just think positively,” and I won’t be giving you a menu of simplistic self-help strategies. You have probably tried those things and you know that this is not as simple as it looks.
I treat those who are:
- Struggling with depression or anxiety
- Grieving a loss
- Dealing with abuse
- Experiencing relationship strife
- Are facing a chronic or difficult health problem
- Raising a struggling teen or child
- Having difficulty with an aging parent
- Need support for LBGTQI issues
Having treated clients for over 25 years, I know it’s possible to develop new ways of thinking, thoughtful insights, and thrive again. If you are ready to:
- Discover your best self in relationships
- Transform depression into a healthy self
- Overcome anxiety to have a fearless life
- Increase your communication skills during family challenges
- Clarify boundaries so you can be effective with teens & adult children
- Increase your competency with school difficulties
- Cultivate a healthy connection with difficult family members
- Get unstuck from career impasses
- Strengthen your voice of wisdom in challenging parenting situations
- Discover the “gifts loss leaves us with” after a divorce or death
- Find strength and balance to be present for an ailing parent
- Get clear about what you need, and take care of yourself successfully!
I invite you to find your unique, happy and authentic self again.
I offer a free first session to make sure the fit is right.